Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder Waiver Qualifying Training
Includes Waiver Qualifying Requirements
Aug 26, 2017
8:00 am – 5:30 pm
The Louis Stokes Health Sciences Library
501 W Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20059
Honorarium and meals will be provided
The ASAM Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder Course covers the highest quality, evidence- based practices for treating patients with opioid use disorder.
The ASAM Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder Course is designed for:
- Licensed physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who plan to obtain a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine in office-based treatment of opioid use disorders in Washington, DC.
- Must be licensed in Washington, DC or plan to practice in Washington, DC.
Our case-based learning format will show you how to apply this new knowledge. You will learn how to:
- Have specific knowledge to offer treatments for patients with opioid use disorder.
- Identify and assess patients who are appropriate for treatment with medications.
- Discuss the psychiatric and medical co-morbidities associated with opioid addiction.
- Apply for a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine to patients with opioid use disorders.